Be part of the BBT Support Crew
Would you like to be part of the 2017 Big Boys Toys Expo?
Volunteering provides a unique way to get involved in the Aussie east coast's first interactive playground for Big Boys.
What do we need?
We are looking for enthusiastic and engaging people willing to be part of our Expo team during Expo 2017, 19-20 August.
Our Big Boys Toys Expo ("Expo") Support Crew will cover a range of tasks including:
- Ticket sales and assisting at the entry point
- Assisting Exhibitors with their booths
- Assisting with public interaction activities
Support Crew slots are 4 hours minimum. If you are keen to volunteer, timeslots are as follows:
Please note: The time slots below are subject to change for the 2017 event.
|Session One||Session Two|
|Saturday 19 August||0830 - 1230||1230 - 1630|
|Sunday 20 August||0830 - 1230||1230 - 1630|
What you get:
- One four hour session gets you adult entry for the remainder of the day. (TBC)
- Two sessions entitles you to 2 adult passes for the Weekend. (TBC)
- 1 BBT Support Crew t-shirt
How do I sign up?
When applications open, use the application form to let us know about any previous experience/expertise and we will contact you for further information.
What do we need BBT Support Crew members to agree to?
All Volunteers must read, agree and comply with this policy as part of their agreement with the Big Boys Toys Expo.
- Dress for BBT Support Crew is an Expo provided shirt, dark trousers and enclosed footwear.
- Support Crew will wear the issued volunteer pass at all volunteering times.
- Support Crew are to respect and assist attendees, fellow Support Crew, staff and exhibitors.
- Support Crew are to contact the Event Team if they encounter any situations with difficult behaviours, safety and/or health.
- Support Crew must act in the best interest of the Expo including conducting your duties in an appropriate way.
- Support Crew must refrain from acts that create an unsafe or unhealthy occurrence during the Expo. This includes, but is not limited to, consumption of alcoholic beverages and assaulting, threatening or disregarding the safety of an individual. If you know of anyone who might be under the influence or is exhibiting dangerous or risky behaviour, please report this to the Event Team immediately.
- Support Crew are not permitted to use their volunteer status to either promote or conduct personal business.
- As a member of the Support Crew of this organisation, I understand that I must maintain the privacy and confidentiality of any and all participant information.
- I acknowledge that the Event Team of the Expo may remove my Support Crew working status at any time.
- As a volunteer over the age of 16 years I will obtain a Working with Vulnerable People card and I acknowledge that a copy of this information will be retained by the Event Team of the Expo.